AUSTIN – A section of Spicewood Springs Rd. will be widened to four lanes following the approval of a $34.18 million contract with DeNucci Constructors LLC.
City transportation plans identify Spicewood Springs Rd. as a major arterial road, as it sees large volumes of cross-through traffic.
Spanning from Mesa Rd. to Lp. 360, the section of Spicewood Springs Rd. will see the following improvements:
- Turning the two-lane road into a four-lane road divided with a grass median and left-turn bays.
- Creating continuous pedestrian and bicycle shared-use paths on both sides of the road.
- Installing an underground storm drain system with culverts, manholes and more to manage water flow.
- Creating two water detention ponds along with water quality ponds and rain gardens.
- Extending water transmission lines and improving wastewater lines.
The project is scheduled to start construction this fall and continue through 2026.